29 Nov New place in Singapore to buy Cryptocurrencies – NuMoney, a bitcoin shop in Singapore
A new startup is Singapore, NuMoney is offering crypto fans another avenue to buy Bitcoin/Ether, and they do it Over-The-Counter (OTC). This means that you can get your coins immediately and don’t have to wait for bank transfers and susceptible to price fluctuations in the meantime.
Their website is: https://numoney.store
Store location: Please note they have moved and are no longer at Buangkok!
6 Harper Road (Beside Tai Seng MRT)
#02-07 Leong Huat Building
The process of buying cryptocurrencies with NuMoney is straightforward and fuss-free:
- Book an appointment with them before heading down to their office
- Make your way to the store (directions will be given at the end of article)
- Bring cash (they only accept cash!)
- Bring IC (this is for KYC)
- Make payment and wait for the transaction status
- Done! You will have your cryptocurrency in your wallet
The whole process took me around an hour to complete, just be sure to book your appointment early!
If you are looking to buy cryptocurrencies:
- without the hassle of exchange verifications
- and you prefer to do it immediately (like not wanting to wait for wire transfer)
- you want to do large amounts (because of xfers limit, etc)
- looking to get alt-coins directly
- need someone to help you set everything up, such as wallets, etc
Then NuMoney is the place to go.
However, there are some downsides with NuMoney:
- NuMoney accepts cash-only, it can be risky to carry large amount of cash. (However, if you are doing large amounts, they can meet you at a bank directly)
- It can be inconvenient, buying it from their office (problem will be solved when their flagship raffles place store launches in Jan 2018)
Coins that NuMoney buy/sell:
- Bitcoin Cash
- Ethereum Classic
Pricing at NuMoney is competitive also, this screenshot was taken at 16/11 10pm.
Pricing for Coinhako does not take into the 0.7% fees (Enter promo code “PENNYWISE” for reduction of fees from 0.9% to 0.7%), while the pricing at NuMoney is inclusive of all fees. With this, Coinhako price for buying is around $10,294, which is higher than NuMoney.
Directions to NuMoney shop:
- Come out of Buangkok MRT, you will see 2 ATMs, make a left turn here.
- Go to exit A’s escalator
- Turn left, and walk into the walkway across the field
- You will see Jewel@Buangkok, the brown and gray building. That’s the NuMoney office.
- Let the guards know that you are visiting, and walk into the condo and down the road, all the way to the end and you will reach Block 87
- Meet the friendly staff at NuMoney, and they will help you buy/sell your favourite coins